Maintenance of my MGB GT in Winter 17/18
My MGB GT performed very nicely last summer which made it a relaxed winter in terms of maintenance and repair.
In particular, I replaced
– the spark plugs, like every winter
– the rubber head light sealings which costed 12 Euros a pair
– the rear light sealings for 65 Euros a pair, god knows why they cost 5 times the front ones
– the driver seat upholstery, which I gave to a specialist workshop, spare parts 390 Euros, assembly another 300,
– the speedometer cable was replaced, spare part costed 90 Euros, installing it costed a couple of hours and a back ache
– I finally disassembled the tail gate door lock, cleaned it and gave it some new grease. Turns like a breeze now.
5 additional images. Click to enlarge.